The mission of DCS Speech Therapy is to “Leave a Legacy of Language and Literacy…one child at a time.”
bestowing, passing something on to someone
a gift or item of value handed down from one individual to another
the system that we use to socially interact with others and communicate our thoughts and ideas
the ability to read and write
Did you know that…
Children reap enormous benefits when parents and other facilitators read aloud to them?
These benefits include:
- Developing larger vocabularies
- Increasing comprehension skills
- Learning the cadence and the rhythm of language
- Making print connections with their everyday experiences
- Strengthening social connections within their family
It’s a FACT!
books have been created!
– Ben Parr (Mashable, 2010)
Abibliophobia – the fear of running out of material to read (Macmillan Dictionary)
DCS Speech Therapy strives to equip individuals with the communication tools and strategies needed for successful dialogues and self-advocacy.
A child who is proficient with using oral language has the capacity for successfully developing and applying literacy concepts. Foundational language and literacy building is essential as children begin to navigate greater educational challenges.